Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Season of Gowns

So I just bought the new Martha Stewart Weddings. It looks like it's going to be a great season for wedding gowns.

Finally some gowns with straps. Working at the bridal salon I hear it all the time. "Where are the gowns with the straps?" One idea is if your dream gown doesn't have straps, ask if you can order extra fabric and have some straps made in alterations.

Flowers and Bows. I am definitely noticing both on the new dresses. Don't be afraid of these details. They may look like a lot when their on the hanger but try them on, they will look different. These are also great details that you can add in to other aspects of your wedding. If your dress has a bow on it, use that bow on the invitations or bouquets. If your dress has a very specific flower have a graphic designer copy the flower and use it on your invitations. Little details like this tie everything together and add great personality.

My favorite gown of the season- Eridanus by Valentino Sposa from Pronovias. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It is simple, elegant and in my absolute favorite fabric- silk mikado. This fabric glows in candle light.




Check out La Sposa's new collection as well. They may not look like much online but let me tell you in person and on brides they are stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment